In 2014, I came up with an idea for “Favourite Finds”, it started off with thirty of my favourite (and a few of my least favourite) drugstore make-up and cosmetic finds from 2014, with one or two high-end exceptions.
The whole idea behind my “favourite finds” was to help those who can’t afford to be brand loyal to high-end brands or, if you’re like me and you prefer to try something new instead of sticking with what you know, that this would help introduce you to brands you might not have heard of before.
I didn’t do one for 2015, but my list made a comeback at the end of 2016 with products that I’d found during that year, and here’s 2017’s list. To read more about each product, just click on the product name and it’ll take you to my full review if there is one, if not, keep checking back, as I add more product reviews each week.
* Cleanser: Ethique Bliss Bar
* Oil cleanser: ZA Deep Cleansing Oil
* Facial exfoliator: Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
* Face mask: Freeman Beauty Mint & Lemon Clay mask
* Toner: Plantae Rose Otto Essential Water
* Serum: Linden Leaves Miraculous Facial Oil
* Moisturiser: Goodness Every Morning Moisturiser
* Night cream: Goodness Every Evening Moisturiser
* Face primer: Rimmel Stay Matte Primer
* Cream foundation: Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation
* Powder: Maybelline Matte Maker
* Make-up brush: Real Techniques Core Collection Brush set
* Coloured mascara: NYX Colour Mascara in “Purple”
* Mascara: Essence The False Lashes Dramatic Volume Unlimited
* Lipstick: Karen Murrell Lipstick in “Poppy Passion”
* Lip balm: Anoint Lip Balme “Kinder Surprise”
* Make-up remover: Skinfood Facial Cleansing wipes
* Shampoo: L’Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Clay Range
* Luxury soap: No3 Rosemary & Lavender soap with Mango Butter & Jojoba
* Body Butter: Skinfood Body Butter
* Body lotion: Oasis Beauty Rhino Repair, although this is not technically a body lotion, it’s more of an ‘everything’ lotion that treats all sorts of skin conditions. It’s fabulous stuff!